Consistent with our strong commitment to providing excellent legal services to our clients, Kell, Alterman & Runstein, L.L.P. strives to achieve environmental and social sustainability in our daily work life and business practices. We recognize that our business activity has an impact on the environment and the natural world. As a firm, we seek to make daily choices to reduce that impact. Our commitment to sustainability reflects our respect for our clients and the natural world we live in.
Some of our sustainable practices include:
- Education: We provide ongoing training in sustainable practices.
- Purchasing: We purchase most paper products with 100% post-consumer content. Sustainability is considered in purchasing supplies, equipment and services.
- Recycling: We have a recycling program for paper, recyclable containers, electronics, and batteries.
- Energy: Some of our office lighting is motion sensitive to turn off when areas are not in use. We also conserve power by turning off computers and printers when not in use.
- Transportation: We provide a transportation subsidy for public transportation to all employees. We minimize business travel by teleconferencing or video conferencing.
We are proud to have attained Silver Certification with the City of Portland’s Sustainability at Work program as well as certification in the Oregon State Bar’s Partners in Sustainability program.